Vancouver Island Passive House, Comox
1st Passive House for Vancouver Island
A green story by Marken Design + Consulting.
Now occupied since December 2012, this Single Family Residence on Vancouver Island was desgined to achieve the stringent Passive House standard.
The new two level home is replacing an older, one level cottage located on a south-east facing lot surrounded by mature trees and lots of natural landscape.
Sensitive planning of the dwelling’s placement using the existing footprint, focus on sourcing natural, regional green materials, designing along the Passive House principles and implementing a variety of progressive Green Building Strategies are the main focus points of this project, next to affordability of course.
The project will also incorporate the following:
- Rainwater collection
- Low flow fixtures throughout
- Drain water heat recovery
- Native landscaping and permeable paving where necessary
- Lumber from FSC certified sources
- Flooring and millwork from sustainable sources
- Regionally sourced materials where possible and appropriate
- Use of recycled materials where possible
- No VOC to be used
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.